By default Firefox has its own spell check. But you will find it only in text area and it checks the spelling on large text fields. Many times the blogging titles spelling is wrong, which is not checked by Firefox. In this article you’ll find a simple trick to activate spell check in text fields.
Procedure to Enable Spell Check in Text Fields
1) First open the config file of Firefox.
2) Type about:config in address bar and hit the Enter button.
3) Now you’ll be warned to avoid making changes in the config file. Click on I’ll be careful, I promise! to bypass this warning.
4) Type “layout.spellcheckDefault” in the filter field.
5) By default the value of this parameter is 1. Change the value to 2 by double clicking on this parameter.
6) Then close the config file and open any page which has a textbox and check for wrong spelling.
7) You should make sure that “Check my spelling as I type ” is checked. To get this option, go to Tools > Options > Advanced tab.
Blowfish12@2012 Author: Sudharsun. P. R. Source: solidblogger.com [or] techcular.com