Every minute 35 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
35 hours of video every minute. 2100 hours of video every hour. 50400 hours of video every day.
Total number of Instant Messaging users by 2010 is 2.4 billion !
Total number of Twitter users by 2010 = 175 million !
Which means 175 million people are involved in random talk and tweeting in 140 characters. Now, who’s denying ?
250 million New people registered on Facebook in 2010
Imagine, if every year, 250 million people added up ?
70% of Facebook’s user base is outside the U.S
Facebook has become truly a global phenomenon now. Isn’t it ?
By 2010, there are more than 5 Billion mobile connections in the world !
Mobile applications, anyone ?
The average number of videos an Internet user in U.S watches on the internet = 186
This is pretty much close to the rest of the world, but what’s more interesting is that the source is Facebook and YouTube.
The average number of photos uploaded on Facebook per year = 36 billion.
That’s very less compared to Flickr, but its interesting to see Facebook eating up to other specialized social media channels like YouTube and Flickr with its content.
Number of new users on Twitter in 2010 = 100 Million
Clearly, after Facebook, Twitter is the most fast growing website on the internet today.
The most popular browser on the internet today is Internet Explorer, despite fierce competition from Firefox and Chrome.
Another true fact: we cannot download other browser without IE.
Blowfish12@2012 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- Fact for the day: 20-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- Fact for the day: 26-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- Fact for the day: 21-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- Fact for the day: 22-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- YouTube Joins Pinterest: Here’s What it’s Pinning (mashable.com)
- Fact for the day: 24-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: YouTube’s assault on old media (news.bbc.co.uk)
- TwitChat, a Private and Group Messenger App for Twitter, officially… (prweb.com)
- Infographic – 5 Killer Strategies to Dominate Social Media’s Big 3: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube (socialnomics.net)
- Social Network: Which one suits your business? (socialmediatoday.com)