“Search & discovery in @twitter set to change forever after tomorrow,” Gupta wrote on Twitter on Thursday evening. “Team — congrats and enjoy the enormity of your impact few understand today!”
Search and discovery are incredibly important features for the network, and many times a search on Twitter is more valuable than a Google search because you can see real-time responses to things that are happening now. Discovery is important too, and with a well-implemented design, discovery can make you want to spend more time browsing a network.
Gupta’s tweet suggests that the changes will take place either today or tomorrow, but we’d be more likely to bet on today because more people will be around to write about the changes.
We’ve contacted Twitter for more information about the changes and will update this post if the company gets back to us.
Blowfish12@2012 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- Twitter to unveil major ‘search and discovery’ update today (news.cnet.com)
- Twitter’s ‘secrets’: search and discovery will ‘change forever’ (nextlevelofnews.com)
- “Search & discovery in @twitter set to change forever after tmrw.” says Twitter engineer (thenextweb.com)
- Twitter to Announce a Big Search and Discovery Change Today (mashable.com)
- Twitter Engineer: Twitter Search “Set To Change Forever” (businessinsider.com)
- Twitter Set to Radically Improve Search and Discovery (news.softpedia.com)
- Twitter to unveil major ‘search and discovery’ update (vator.tv)
- Twitter exec reveals on Twitter that Twitter’s to get a search overhaul (techradar.com)
- What’s in store for Twitter’s new search & discovery? (simplyzesty.com)