Vancouver hotel hopes guests will appreciate making calls with no roaming fees on hotel-provided iPhones instead of those things called landlines.
The hotel hopes that its guests, particularly the ones from the U.S., will know how to use them and enjoy using a Canadian phone that won’t stick them with international roaming fees. This means guests will be able to take the iPhone from their rooms and use it as they would their own while they’re guests of the hotel.
It will come preloaded with the numbers of the hotel’s various departments and when the guest checks out, the iPhone’s memory will be wiped clean.
Apparently, this isn’t the first time the hotel has embraced mobile technology. In March, the Opus became the first hotel in Canada to offer an iPad 2 — complete with an iPad Virtual Concierge — in every room.
This comes after news of another hotel — the U.K.’s Hotel Indigo — replacing its complimentary Bibles with Kindles preloaded with the e-version of the Good Book. What other tech gadgets should hotels embrace?
Blowfish12@2012 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- Hotel replacing guest phones with iPhones (news.cnet.com)
- Canadian Hotel Opus Replacing Guest Phones with Apple iPhone 4 (devicemag.com)
- After Apple iPad Mini Release. Cell Phone Insurance Company Announces… (prweb.com)
- Trendy hotel replaces old room phone with iPhone (travel.usatoday.com)
- There Is Too Malware On The iPhone! (forbes.com)
- Charge Your iPhone Wirelessly (And Void Your Warranty) (forbes.com)
- After Apple iPad Mini Release. Cell Phone Insurance Company Announces Offer for Apple Gadgets (prweb.com)
- It’s Here! Real Money Poker on the iPhone and iPad (pokerlistings.com)
- iPhone 5 Spider Like designs (crunchedd.com)
- Mac users spend more money on hotels (orbitz.com)