The software company has taken to both its Twitter account and its Service Status page to inform users that Xbox Live is experiencing “difficulties.” The Xbox Live Status pagespecifically says that users are currently unable to sign in to Xbox Live from their Xbox 360 or via Xbox.com.
“We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue,” Microsoft wrote on the Status page. “We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.”
Although Microsoft hasn’t said when Xbox Live went down, it appears, based on the complaints on Twitter, that it happened a little over an hour ago. The company’s Xbox Live Twitter account also started responding to those complaints around the same time.
We will update this story when we have more information.
Blowfish12@2012 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun, P. R.
- PSA: Xbox Live down, Microsoft investigating (joystiq.com)
- Xbox Live service down, Microsoft working on restoring service (vg247.com)
- Update: Xbox LIVE is Up and Running (premiermicrosoft.com)
- Xbox Live is down, Microsoft investigating cause (theverge.com)
- Xbox Live Down, Microsoft Checking (flawedgames.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft’s Xbox Live service is down … for some (ingame.msnbc.msn.com)
- Xbox Live down, Microsoft working on a fix (cbsnews.com)
- Microsoft working to fix Xbox Live access issues (networkworld.com)
- Microsoft Restores Xbox Live Service (pcworld.com)