As usual, HTC is always looking to improve its software to deliver a better experience to its handsets. While the latest AT&T HTC One X update to Android 4.0.4 had a few minor tweaks, it looks like HTC may soon have another update which will deliver Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 4.1. The software has managed to make its way into the hands of a few folks on XDA-Developers who have already turned it around and backed it into a new ROM for the international HTC One X.
Like the update for the HTC One X on AT&T, Sense 4.1 fixes the “action overflow” feature in Android 4.0 by removing the menu bar that HTC had placed at the bottom of the screen and allows users to configure the capacitive multitasking button on the device to access the menu functionality within apps. The second main feature is the return of the Quick Settings tab in the notification shade, giving users direct access to handset settings without having to dive into the main settings page or waste valuable screen real estate with widgets.
We expect HTC will be pushing out Sense 4.1 to the HTC One X, One S and One V in the coming weeks. But if you can’t wait that long, we suggest you check in with your favorite ROM developers to see if you can get Sense 4.1 a little sooner.
Other HTC Sesne 4.1 fixes or enhancements
Live wallpaper lag has been fixed.
Dedicated button in the Camera app to switch between Front/Backward facing cameras
Dedicated button to switch tabs in the browser
Removal of all 3D-Effects in the launcher
Updated kernel with speed improvements
Wifi-dropping/ Icon showing weak signal fixes
Better Battery life improvement
Blowfish12@2012 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- HTC One S getting Android 4.1 across Europe (phandroid.com)
- HTC One S Android 4.1.1/Sense 4.1 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now (techie-buzz.com)
- HTC HD2 WP8 port leads to Windows RT on the HTC HD2 (wmpoweruser.com)
- Windows RT ported to HTC HD2 (slashgear.com)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update For HTC One S Rolling Out Throughout Europe (androidpolice.com)
- Top 5 Upcoming HTC Smartphones of 2013 (technoinsta.com)
- HTC One S gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update (91mobiles.com)
- Last-minute HTC One X+ emerge ahead of HTC event (reviews.cnet.com)
- HTC One X+ review (itproportal.com)
- Updated to Android 4.1: Motorola DROID RAZR and MAXX, and the European HTC One S (phonearena.com)