April 1st is celebrated as April Fool’s Day or All Fools Day in many countries. People usually play prank on others and celebrate it. Tech companies also have celebrated April fools Day and, here is a list how the have … Continue reading
First up, as you can see in the photo above, a Google Maps look at San Francisco has a much different look that hearkens to old pirate tales. To see the Treasure Map layer, go into Google Maps and tap the Treasure option in the top right corner.
Google also released a three-and-a-half-minute April Fools’ video from the YouTube team (watch it below) saying that YouTube will close tomorrow and has actually been a massive contest to find the best video in the world. The company says it will review every video that has ever been uploaded and will delete everything else but the winner.
The search giant has also pushed out another practical joke called Google Nose, a program that lets you search by scent. This year Google’s flagship fake product is Google Nose. Nose purports to let you search for scents in Google search and use Android devices to smell objects and tell you what they are. Google says Nose can help you identify the smell of “a new car”, “the inside of an Egyptian tomb,” or “a ghost.”
“Our task as designers is to get our users the information they are looking for as quickly and beautifully as possible,” a Google user experience designer says in the video. “But until now we couldn’t give users what they are looking for — because sometimes they’re not looking at all.”
Blowfish12@2013 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- Google sniffs out an April Fool’s joke with Google Nose (ibnlive.in.com)
- Round Up: All of Google’s jokes for April Fools’ 2013, from Google Maps treasure hunting to YouTube closing (thenextweb.com)
- Google, YouTube get into April Fools’ Day action (usatoday.com)
- Google Ad Words for YouTube Videos (beanstalk-inc.com)
- Simple Ways to Rank High on YouTube (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
Another year has passed by lest see which site tops the list.
“Ranking powered by alexa.com”
Blowfish12@2012-13 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- 3 Predictions for Baidu in 2013 (fool.com)
- TopSEOs.com Ranks BlueHat Marketing in the Top 3 agencies for Local SEO and Top 10 for SEO in Canada overall (prweb.com)
Every minute 35 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
35 hours of video every minute. 2100 hours of video every hour. 50400 hours of video every day.
Total number of Instant Messaging users by 2010 is 2.4 billion !
Total number of Twitter users by 2010 = 175 million !
Which means 175 million people are involved in random talk and tweeting in 140 characters. Now, who’s denying ?
250 million New people registered on Facebook in 2010
Imagine, if every year, 250 million people added up ?
70% of Facebook’s user base is outside the U.S
Facebook has become truly a global phenomenon now. Isn’t it ?
By 2010, there are more than 5 Billion mobile connections in the world !
Mobile applications, anyone ?
The average number of videos an Internet user in U.S watches on the internet = 186
This is pretty much close to the rest of the world, but what’s more interesting is that the source is Facebook and YouTube.
The average number of photos uploaded on Facebook per year = 36 billion.
That’s very less compared to Flickr, but its interesting to see Facebook eating up to other specialized social media channels like YouTube and Flickr with its content.
Number of new users on Twitter in 2010 = 100 Million
Clearly, after Facebook, Twitter is the most fast growing website on the internet today.
The most popular browser on the internet today is Internet Explorer, despite fierce competition from Firefox and Chrome.
Another true fact: we cannot download other browser without IE.
Blowfish12@2012 blowfish12.tk Author: Sudharsun. P. R.
- Fact for the day: 20-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- Fact for the day: 26-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- Fact for the day: 21-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- Fact for the day: 22-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- YouTube Joins Pinterest: Here’s What it’s Pinning (mashable.com)
- Fact for the day: 24-06-2012 (blowfish12.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: YouTube’s assault on old media (news.bbc.co.uk)
- TwitChat, a Private and Group Messenger App for Twitter, officially… (prweb.com)
- Infographic – 5 Killer Strategies to Dominate Social Media’s Big 3: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube (socialnomics.net)
- Social Network: Which one suits your business? (socialmediatoday.com)